1- Sultanina, description and characteristics of the vine variety.
White seedless variety of table grape.
It is also known for:
- Thompson seedless,
- The bunches are large, conical and very elongated.
- Medium compact,
- With long peduncle and high lignification.
- The berries are small, ovoid or short elliptical in shape, circular in section and light yellowish green when ripe.
- The skin is fine, with little bloom and little marked lenticels and stylized scars.
- The pulp is hard and crisp, not pigmented and not very juicy.
- With short pedicel and easy detachment of its berries.
- The strains are of medium to high vigor and erect bearing.
- From budding, sifting, veraisoning and mid-season ripening times.
- It is a very fertile variety with good production.
6- Agronomic characteristics and adaptation to viticulture:
- The white seedless sultana grape requires destemming and stripping.
- Type of pruning: It requires long pruning, since the buds at the base of the shoots do not have cluster differentiation.
- When having small berries, you need the use of gibberellins, or ringing if necessary.
- It is moderately sensitive to mildew.
- Sultanate is a grape variety resistant to powdery mildew.
- Sensible a los trips.
- It is a variety that mites do not affect much.
- Sensitive to botrytis, if good green pruning is not done.
- The sultana berries are easily detached from the bunch.
- Sultanate has a high sugar content and low acidity.
7- Oenological and industrial potential:
It is a variety traditionally used for obtaining raisins and fresh consumption , but it can also be used for making wine.
Sultana is the most widespread seedless white grape variety in the world.