Table Grapes: Italy, Description and characteristics.
1- Origin of the Italy Variety:
Italy was obtained in Italy in 1911.
It is also known in Spain as Doña Sofía, Ideal, Moscatel Italia or Moscatel Italiano.
3- Growing Zones:
Moscatel Italia is a variety spread throughout the Iberian Peninsula.
4- Uses of table grapes Italy:
Traditionally it is the grape that has been used, together with Aledo, as a table grape for the celebration of the end of the year.
5- Description of the vine variety:
- The Muscat Italia bunch is large in size and the berry is medium-grade.
- Yellow green color .
- Medium thickness leather .
- Uncolored pulp and very juicy with a particular and characteristic muscat flavor.
- Very good presence.
Muscat Italia is a medium budding and late maturing variety .
7- Agronomic Skills:
- It is a vigorous variety with an upright habit, which requires a high temperature during flowering.
- It resists drought and is well adapted to gravel and acid soils.
- Short pruning in poor soils, although it adapts very well to vine conduction with long pruning.
- It requires high temperatures for good maturation.
8- Time of ripening of the grape:
The maturation may range from mid-August to mid-September and may be in strain until Christmas if pockets.
Cultivated either in trellis or trellis, medium-high productions of 20,000-30,000 kg / Ha are obtained.
9- Oenological and technological potential:
- Moscatel Italia produces natural sweet and white wines with powerful, elegant and floral aromas.
- It can be used in blends to add aromas.
- In Malaga it is used to make aromatic wines.
- Highly appreciated as a table grape for its muscat flavor, firm pulp and medium-thick skin.
- It is resistant to transport and cold storage.
- Due to its appearance, aroma and flavor of Muscat, it is the most valued table grape variety with seed today.