1- Seedless grape: Superior or Sugraone
Apyrenic white cultivar.
From cardinal and an apyrene genitor.
It is also known as:
Regular Superior Seedless, Sugra One, Sugraone, Superior.
- Of large , conical and shoulders,
- Of compactness media,
- With a medium length peduncle and very low lignification.
- With uniform size of grains and color of the epidermis of the same ones.
- Its flavor is neutral, slightly aromatic. º Brix: 15-18.
- The berry has a color from light green to yellowish green.
- Thick , ovoid to ovoid in shape and circular in section.
- Skin (skin) very thick, yellowish – green, with abundant bloom, with lenticelas and estilar inconspicuous scar.
- Very consistent, crisp pulp , not pigmented and fleshy, but low in juiciness.
- With particular musky aromas or flavors, it is very fruity and has a high sugar content.
- Pedicels short, thick and with little marked brush. Easy to detach.
- Seeds: Apirena (without seeds). It does not present seeds.
- Of force very high and upright bearing.
- Low fertility.
- Production medium-high, irregular productions.
- De brotación , Sift and early veraison: very early maturing.
- It is a variety of short click and very early season.
6- Viticultural characteristics:
- Very vigorous variety , for this reason it requires de-spreading and stripping, it can be blunt.
- Vigor must be regulated .
- It adapts well to driving in vineyards.
- Its fertility is low and it only has grapes from the third or fourth bud , then it requires long pruning (in rods), it is driven in vines and in liras.
- The recommended type of pruning is a long to very long pruning. Produces from the third or fourth bud. It can be blunt.
- It adapts very well to growing under covers.
- It is sensitive to excessive fertilization and deficiencies of Zn and Fe.
- Sensitive to mildew.
- Not moderately sensitive to powdery mildew.
- Very sensitive to thrips and mites.
- Sensitive to cluster moth.
- Little sensitive to botrytis.
- Frequently affected by acid rot.
- Little sensitive to flower bleeding .
- Seedless grape with high sugar content and medium acidity, which is why, due also to its melliferous and fruity flavor, it is one of the most appreciated apirena varieties.
- Suitable for table grapes, canning and raisins: Its main use is fresh consumption as table grapes, but it is also used in the industry to make juices, fruit salads, preserves, raisins….