1- Seedless grape: Flame Seedles
2- Apirena ink variety (seedless).
Flame seedles is a seedless table grape variety . It is used exclusively as a table or raisin grape.
Its berries are neutral in flavor , slightly aromatic.
It has good organoleptic and taste qualities.
Its bunch is large and medium compact.
This variety was obtained in Fresno (California) , from the crossing of Cardinal and Sultanina.
The bunches are very large in size , with loose berries, with long peduncles and weak lignification.
With berries of low uniformity in size and color.
The grains are small-medium in size , spherical in shape and circular in section.
With skins or skin it is very attractive purplish red , very thin and with a lot of bloom. Stylized scar well visible.
The berries have a hard and crisp pulp , not colored, quite juicy, without any peculiar aromas or flavors. Very sweet.
Easy to detach from its pedicel.
Flame strains have a lot of vigor and a semi-upright bearing. Very productive.
Early budding and sowing.
Very early ripening and ripening .
It is interesting for its precocity.
In some areas viticulture is carried out under plastic or mesh to increase its earliness.
7- Characteristics and cultivation of the flame seedless grape:
- Flame seedless is a medium vigor variety .
- It accepts long pruning to increase production, although it is not advisable as the average size of the bunches is reduced.
- It requires de-sprouting and disarming due to its high vigor.
- In the Flame variety, ringing is recommended to increase the size and homogenize the color.
- Cluster thinning is also recommended .
- Gibberellin treatments can be performed.
- It is a mildew-sensitive variety.
- Not very sensitive to powdery mildew.
- Not very sensitive to botrytis.
- Sensitive to spring frosts .
- This grape is very sweet and has a balanced acidity.
- Suitable for table grapes (fresh consumption) and for making raisins, which are the highest quality among those from seedless varieties.
- This seedless grape withstands transport and cold storage very well .
- It can present problems of lack of color in viticulture in warm areas.
- Currently it reaches good prices in the market.