It’s Friday. Play a dinner with colleagues with the excuse of opening some bottles of wine that you bought on your last trip. Good company, excellent food …
However, when it comes to taking the first bottle of wine out of the wine cellar , you realize that you don’t have a corkscrew. Knowing that the neighbors are already asleep, a single question arises: “How to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew?”
5 tricks to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew
Surely the situation described above has happened to you in a wine tasting that you have organized , and rest assured that it will happen to you again. Therefore, read carefully these 5 tricks to open bottles without a corkscrew!
- With a shoe : with the heel of any shoe you must hold the base of the bottle well. Then tap the sole against the wall. You will see how the cork shoots out!
- With a screw : to carry out this technique you will need a screw. So go to your toolbox and grab the first one you find. Using a screwdriver, insert the screw into the cork. Then, with slow and accurate movements, you will have to remove the nail, which will already be attached to the cork, which will also come out.
- With a hanger : do not use just any hanger, but it must be the kind with wire. When you have it, take the hook from the hanger, stretch it out, and carefully bend the end to form a kind of hook. That will be your temporary corkscrew!
- With a knife : this is the most dangerous technique, so you must be very careful. Choose a knife that is not too large, and insert the blade into the cork. Twist it the way you would twist a corkscrew, and bang! you will have it out in a matter of seconds.
- With a phone book : although this object is becoming obsolete in our society, you will surely find one at the bottom of a drawer. Well, the phone book should be leaning against the wall, and on top you should place the base of the wine bottle and tap it carefully against the wall. In principle, the pressure that will be exerted on the wine should drive the cork. And yes, the phone book is a useful buffer!
Corkscrews and wine coolers: elements that are better not to forget
Although surviving without owning a corkscrew is possible with the techniques that we have explained above, it is always better to have one: it will be faster and more comfortable!
So we advise you to buy one of those that have a magnet, so that you can always find it hanging on the fridge.
Another essential element is the wine cellar . Thanks to its functionalities, it allows the optimal conservation of the wine. Discover yours in the Vitempus catalog !