Very large, branched, some forked and others with very marked shoulders.
With long peduncle and without lignification or with short lignification.
Medium in size, rounded, with a large bun and short, thick pedicels.
With very marked lenticels and stylized scar.
Intense green color before veraison, which turns to dark purple-red but not very homogeneous.
Vigorous, vertical bearing, with much branching and therefore abundant bunches.
Budding and late maturing.
Viticulture of the Forcallada:
- It is a very productive variety.
- Sensitive to mildew.
- Fairly tolerant of powdery mildew.
- Sensible a la botritis.
- Little sensitive to mites.
Enology of the Forcallada:
- With the forcallada variety we obtain musts of low intensity of color, low acidity and little sugar content.
- Gives light musts with a herbaceous aroma.