Having a heated cellar is a sign of interest in wine. An indication that we have quite advanced knowledge of the wine world.
However, there is a key question to ask to make sure that we are really dealing with a wine expert. And it is asking him if he knows what anti-marriage is. In this article we will tell you about it!
What is anti-marriage?
Much is said about the pairing of wine: what varieties of wine are the best to drink with certain types of food. And why fool us: having a wine with its pairing par excellence is one of the great pleasures for wine lovers.
However, what we are dealing with in this article is anti-marriage . What is it? Well, the opposite of pairing. That is, anti-marriage is that knowledge of wine that studies foods that cannot be accompanied by wine. Since some products block its flavor .
The 5 foods you can never mix with wine
However, you hear less about anti-marriage. These are the 5 foods that you should avoid at all costs if you want to enjoy the taste of a good wine:
- Vinegar : indeed, we could all think that vinegar, coming from wine, can make a perfect tandem with wine. But the truth is that this relationship will never work … The reason is that vinegar has a lot of acetic acid, which makes the taste of wine change our sense of taste.
- Artichokes : with the arrival of cold and winter, the artichoke takes center stage in the kitchen. But you should know that it is better that after having eaten artichokes you do not drink wine. Its taste is going to be like metal, and you are not going to like it at all!
- Spicy food : are you a regular at Mexican food? Well, we have bad news … The extreme burning sensation left by food with a lot of spice and spices in the mouth prevents us from identifying the real taste of a glass of wine. Never mix spicy food with wine!
- Mint : although it is strange that this product is in a daily dish, it can sometimes be found in salads, desserts or sauces. Well, mint is something we should avoid if we want to enjoy the taste of wine.
- Asparagus : although it is considered a product with a fine and smooth flavor, the composition of asparagus says that they can never be accompanied by wines.
At Vitempus, as wine lovers, we want to promote good practices to be able to enjoy wine to the fullest. And, therefore, we encourage you to apply the knowledge of pairing and anti-marriage.
And, in addition, we offer you a wide catalog of air-conditioned cellars , whose main function is to preserve wines in optimal conditions. Because only then can you enjoy a glass of wine in all its essence!