Wine is popularly known for representing sophistication, elegance, class … But another of the concepts linked to its moderate consumption is health. Yes, all those gossip that say that a glass of wine a day is healthy hide great truths.
And, precisely, the popularization of wine coolers in homes, wineries and restaurants is part of society’s response to the fact that wine is part of a healthy diet.
The 10 benefits of wine
What reason have those who affirm that wine is a source of health! And these are the reasons:
- Strengthens the heart : experts agree that people who drink wine moderately suffer less from cardiovascular problems.
- Helps to burn body fat : the consumption of wine improves the activity of liver function.
- Prevents aging : wine stands out for its high content of antioxidants, whose function is to slow down the deterioration of the cells of our body.
- It favors memory : it is thanks to resveratrol, present in the composition of wine, that helps keep brain connections active.
- Decreases hypertension .
- Helps fight Alzheimer’s : the antioxidants in wine are responsible for reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- It makes our skin suffer less from solar radiation .
- It’s good for oral health : yes, some dentists are already recommending drinking wine moderately and regularly. And it is that thanks to the polyphenols that wine has, it is possible to reduce the rate at which the bacterial flora grows in our gums and teeth.
- Reduces the risk of certain types of cancer : for example, according to research from the University of South Carolina, wine reduces the risk of prostate cancer by up to 25%.
- Reduces the likelihood of eye problems .
Wine and Mediterranean diet: a perfect tandem
The Mediterranean diet is known to be one of the healthiest in the world. And wine, according to nutrition professionals, is also part of it. And, above all, red wine stands out as the one that brings the most benefits to health .
Thus, at the Wine and Health 2017 world congress , which was held in La Rioja, it was even stated that wine is responsible for up to 25% of all the benefits that the Mediterranean diet contributes to people’s health . A not inconsiderable figure. Of course, linked to the responsible consumption of this precious Mediterranean drink.
Although each body is different, professionals tend to agree that the ideal consumption is one drink a day, or two at the most .
At Vitempus we support the excellence of the winemaking and conservation phases. Therefore, to ensure that the properties of the wines remain intact, we offer a wide range of wine cellars.
Discover in our catalog all sizes and designs all wine coolers ! Buy safely and quickly with Vitempus!